Friday, March 30, 2007

Rome 1

I have been thinking of writing about this trip for exactly an year. Now I have decided to start doing it, at last :).A small piece of memory everyday, I think I can do it.
So here I gooooooooo.....

When we decided to visit another country on our way to India ,a number of choices came. First choice went to Italy .Both the guys started learning Italian language, to survive there. Only one word caught my attention-Bambino- lil boy, I think is the meaning. Anyway until we landed in Rome I wasn’t thinking much about the trip. When I saw the person from the hotel who came to pick us up, I felt the beginning of an excitement. But it soon faded after five minutes inside the car. I have a motion sickness problem, its the best killer of fun. I just wanted to reach the hotel, I was looking to find the Colosseum, I knew our hotel was opposite to that. Then I saw it, I felt relieved. It wasn’t the world famous structure that made me feel good, it was the knowledge that the hotel was nearby and I can get out of the car. Anyway we went to sit on the roof top restaurant until the check in was done. When I looked out I saw the Colosseum. I couldn’t express the feeling when I saw it. I almost felt that I could reach out and touch.

5 comments:

Ranjani said...

wow !
one suggestion : ur rome pics have not been included in the post . its in the sidebar.

meera said...

hmm i wish i knew how to add them in the post:)

Anonymous said...

i am loving your rome diary. it reminds me of my kodaikanal escapade with 4 of my close friends in college lying to the whole class and all the teachers that 3 of us were in an accident and 2 fell sick. but as notorious as we were they knew something was not adding up.:)):)). we didn't bother as ourt parents knew about it. i kept a diary for those 4 unforgettable days.

as ranjani said add the pics to the write up or ask hubby dear;)

Anonymous said...

sorry beens for filling up your comments section with my stories:)):))

Meera's Blog said...

wow reenie,that sounds cooooooooooool!!!